If your metal roof needs replacement, then you need to consider fitting on a metal retrofit roof. These roofs come with a number of benefits that will help raise the value of your house in practical terms. The benefits include protecting your house from interior drips, the effects of temperature changes, buildup of snow as well as the more common problems of rusting and corrosion.
Whether the problem associate with your traditional roof is rainwater discharge, constant and costly repairs, inefficient energy consumption or poor aesthetic appeal, a metal retrofit is all you need to get rid of the problems.
Since a metal retrofit roofing system is applied right over your existing metal deck, the prefabricated, single-ply membrane is custom designed to fit your roof exactly, eliminating up to 80-85% of rooftop installation labor. A metal retrofit system is energy-efficient, resistant to chemicals, fire and high winds, and virtually maintenance-free.
If your house has a flat or nearly flat roof, a fully engineered metal retrofit roofing system will help you add a level of slope for greater efficiency. It is also the perfect solution for homeowners who want to get rid of a constantly leaking roof once and for all time. Even more appealing for those owners who want to give their houses a measure of added appeal in architectural outlook is the fact that the roofs are flexible enough to fit in with a variety of standing seam roof systems that take the idea from mere functionality to aesthetic appeal.
The capacity for a metal retrofit roofing system to include light-gauge framing for support as well as wall or roofing cladding has a number of benefits for the homeowner. This ensures greater reliability over many years while proving a more robust solution that is virtually maintenance free. No more need for such owners to have to replace the roof every ten years or so.
One of the most significant benefits of metal retrofit roofing is the elimination of costly maintenance and reliability concerns. Other significant benefits include:
* This brand of metal roofing provides a greater level of flexibility in the design of the building on which it is fitted. It also easily accommodates a number of revolutionary architectural elements, giving the building increased curb appeal.
* Metal roofs increase the appraised value of the building, increasing the value of the asset
* The material has some excellent characteristics such as being non combustible as well as having capacity to withstand winds and other adverse weather conditions. As such, the owner stands to benefit from lower home insurance premiums.
* The structure of a metal retrofit roof creates an added attic space between the old and new roofs. This space is an important factor that will provide a greater level of insulation and ventilation to the house.
* Since a metal retrofit roof can be installed so expediently, there is no need to interrupt normal business just because a new roof is being fitted.
For homeowners who want to reduce their carbon footprint, there are few green energy ideas that surpass the retrofit process.
Such elements include an extra insulation layer to give thermal resistance. The homeowner can as well consider installing a radiant barrier and added space for ventilation. There is also a number of solar based technologies that can help with thermal heat recovery as well as generating power.
The poor insulation qualities of older roofs render them quite unsuitable for such energy saving ideas.
Irrespective of whether the roof being re-designed is flat or sloping, there is need to ensure that the included ventilation system is properly designed. This will ensure that there will not be a possibility of condensation issues developing much later. This ensure that the home will continue enjoying increased ventilation qualities down the years.
By providing an extremely durable product with minimal maintenance needs, metal retrofit roofing systems pay for themselves. Looking at the big picture, it’s clear that a metal retrofit roof system is far more cost-efficient than a maintenance-plagued traditional roof.
Want to find out more about roofing in Omaha, then visit Fortenberryroofing.com site on how to choose the best Commercial roofing in Omaha for your needs.