Frequently individuals are mortified and feel that they themselves and their home is dirty. This is just not always the case. The fact is that the numbers of bed bugs have increased vastly over the last 2-3 years and more and more homes, hospitals, care homes, hotels etc. are becoming plagued.
How do you Get rid of bed bugs This is the burning question for anyone finding an infestation in their home. In many cases the initial reaction is to pick up the telephone and call in professional exterminators.
It is possible to get rid of the bed bugs by doing the job yourself, without the use of toxic chemicals. It does mean that you will have to put in a bit of time and energy but it will be worth while in order to rid the problem. Most importantly you must start treatment to get rid of the bed bugs as swiftly as possible to stop the infestation from spreading and getting out of control!
7 Steps To Help You Get Rid of Bed Bugs
1. The first thing to do is to de-clutter the room, remove bedding, clothing, shoes etc. which may be infected. Place all these belongings in sealed plastic bags before you remove them from the affected room. To get rid of bedbugs you it is mandatory to dispose of clutter.
2. Machine launder as many items as you possibly can on as hot a wash as possible. Having washed and dried these items put them once again into clean, sealed plastic bags to prevent re-infection, then clean the room form top to bottom.
3. Bed bugs will take cover in all sorts of obscure places. Get rid of magazines, newspapers and anything else which is sitting around. Bag them in sealed bags and get rid of them.
4. Use a vacuum cleaner to methodically vacuum the whole room including furniture, curtains, mattresses, box springs etc. This should help to eliminate a lot of the eggs and nymphs as well as any adult bed bugs.
5. Ensure that you get into any cracks and crevices by using the extension tools that come along with most vacuum cleaners. Be sure to empty your vacuum cleaner right away into a plastic bag, seal it and dispose of it ~ Quick!
6. A steam cleaner is a great follow up to the vacuum. Repeat the whole process systematically with this in order to exterminate any remaining eggs, nymphs and bugs.
7. Lastly, as a sort of “insurance policy” to make sure you do get rid of bed bugs, spray the room with a green bed bug solution – or in other words a natural bed bug solution – such as Bed Bug Bully or other product.
I say a natural bed bug spray because traditional insecticides can be very toxic and are not ideal in a home, especially where there may be children and pets. Bedbugs are an utter nuisance and health hazard. Hopefully these tips will help you to get rid of bedbugs quick, fast and in a hurry!
Okay now sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite;)